Miroslav Paunović is a lawyer who practices commercial and civil law, as well international private law (arbitration).
He started his career in “Energoprojekt”, one of the biggest construction and consulting companies in South East Europe which carried out large number of projects worldwide. He worked there on various positions, including Legal Advisor, and Vice President. There he was involved in numerous cases concerning complex projects and transactions, while perfecting his knowledge of commercial law and arbitration.
Apart from his involvement in commercial practice, Miroslav publishes extensively in the field of sale of goods, engineering and construction law, insurance, securities, temporary grouping of companies, foreign investments, countertrade, companies’ law, banking law, energy law, ecology law, transfer of technology, arbitration. He started his research career by writing a doctoral thesis under the title “Characteristics of Construction Contracts in International Practice” and obtained a scientific title at the Institute for International Cooperation and Development in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Today, he serves as editorial member and/or reviewer in leading legal journals in Serbia.
He is one of the leading attorneys in Serbia in the field of arbitration (participating in the proceedings as the counsel and the arbitrator).
Miroslav is fluent in Serbian, English, French and Macedonian, and understands Slovenian.
Belgrade Bar Association,
Serbian Lawyers Association (presently vice president of Executive Board),
Serbian Business Lawyers Association (presently member of Administrative Board),
Serbian Arbitration Association (former president of Administrative Board).
– LLB, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Law (1968),
– Mag. Jur, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Law (1978),
– PhD, University of Belgrade – Faculty of Law (1984).
– numerous articles in professional and scientific legal publications,
– lectures on post-graduate course “Foreign Trade Contracts”, Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade (themes: “Characteristics of construction contracts in international practice”, “Legal aspects of countertrade”, “Temporary contractual grouping of companies”, “Alternative dispute settlement methods”),
-lectures on postgraduate course “European Law”, Faculty of Law, University of Kragujevac (theme: “Freedom of provision of services in European Union”),
-“Yugoslav Legal System of Execution of Investment Projects Abroad”, Exportpress, Belgrade (English),
– “International Business Cooperation on Investment Projects – Legal Aspects”, Institute for International Cooperation and Development, Ljubljana, Economic Institute, Zagreb, and Foreign Trade Institute, Belgrade,
– “Countertrade-Contractual Aspects” Institute for International Cooperation and Development, Ljubljana, Economic Institute, Zagreb, and Foreign Trade Institute, Belgrade,
-“Legal aspects of Yugoslav direct foreign investment regime”, Sluzbeni pregled, Belgrade.
+381 11 3286 866
27. marta 50, 11000 Beograd